Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"ARRÊT!!" (with the rain ;D)

The rain has been so heavy and relentless this spring, I haven't had time to notice the flowers or what is blooming.
This shot was taken in my neighborhood, I was running out on an errand and at the last minute, thought "why am I bothering taking my camera?" but am glad I did. The umbrella was not a prop and I am almost ashamed to admit that I didn't get out of the car to take this shot.
As for the color selective processing, the choice was easy. That's the way I saw the shot... impossibly grey with bits of red... an umbrella abandoned in the road. Did the person take cover in a house and as they were trying to close the umbrella it was lifted away by the wind? Was it a couple bound closely in a kiss that just let it drop? Was it simply on someone's porch to dry until a quick breeze set it afloat in the air?
Who knows... I started the tale... you can finish it!

No comments:

Followers